Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Piranhas 3-D Why You Makin' Me Wait?

Hot Tub Time Machine comes out March 26. At first I was all, "Man, has someone been eavesdropping on my dreams?" And then I was all, "Wow. Movies have gotten terrible. This looks so bad/good I may have to see it." And then I was like, "Wait, John Cusack ... Chevy Chase???" Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that pitch meeting:

Exec #1: I've got it. You've got four unlikely best friends. They used to party a lot and be crazy, but life has beaten them down as they've gotten older.
Exec #2: Road trip!
Exec #1: I like it, but it can't be your normal four guys on a road trip movie.
Exec #2: Ok, some crazy shit happens at a ski resort, and they get sent back to 1986 and some more crazy shit happens and they all learn the value of being themselves.
Exec #1: Yeah, but how do they go back -
Exec #2: Hot tub.
Exec #1: Hot tub time machine. Bam. What's next?
Exec #2: What about a sequel to Bio-Dome?

No comments: